Kindergarten Registration For September Is Now Open For Children Turning Age Five On Or Before 8/31/2020. Request an Appointment
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALTHOUGH OUR BUILDING IS CLOSED, WE ARE CONDUCTING BUSINESS BY PHONE AND EMAIL.
Scheduled appointments will be completed by phone.
To request an appointment, or for other assistance, please complete the Appointment Request Form.
HPS Parent Resource Center
45 Fountain Street – 1st floor
Haverhill, MA 01830
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 3: 30 p.m
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Parent Resource Center Coordinator
Parent Resource Center Clerk
Parent Resource Center Clerk
We are pleased to welcome your family to the Haverhill Public Schools! Going to a new school is a very important step for your child and can be an anxious time for parents. With this in mind, we strive to make the registration process as easy and convenient as possible. The Haverhill Public Schools Parent Resource Center was established to centralize registration, allowing a smooth transition for parents and students into the district. Our Parent Resource Center houses the Registration Office, English Learner and Transportation Departments, and the Discovery Club Program.
Most new registrations can be completed in under 30 minutes, although duration depends upon each family’s individual needs and whether paperwork is completed in advance.
- A Parent Resource Center staff member (Spanish translation is available) will assist with the completion of forms and review all required paperwork with you.
- Your photo ID will be checked against your child’s birth certificate, any custody/guardianship court documents reviewed, and your Proof of Residency verified.
- You will also meet with the Registration Nurse, who will ask some basic questions about your child’s health history, and check that all necessary immunizations and screenings noted above are in place.
- If your family is homeless, you will be connected immediately to our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison for assistance.
- If any language other than English is spoken in your home, your child will be required to complete English language testing through our English Learner Education Department and an appointment will be made for you.
- If your child is on a 504 or IEP plan, staff will gather related information and communicate with our Special Education Department, so that your child’s plan can be serviced appropriately.
- If all residency and medical requirements are met, your child will be “cleared’ for registration and assigned a school and start date. School assignments are based on a student’s home address.
- You will be given information on eligibility for bussing and bus routes.
Documents REQUIRED at your appointment:
- Proof of residency: To attend Haverhill Public Schools, a student must reside in the City of Haverhill. For residency requirements, please click here.
- Parent/Guardian’s picture identification (Valid Driver’s License, Valid MA Photo ID Card, or Valid Passport)
- Your child’s birth certificate – The document required at your registration appointment is a birth certificate, not a birth announcement. The following are examples of each:
- Transcript or report card from the last school your child attended, if applicable.
- A copy of an IEP or 504, if your child is on one of these plans.
- A copy of your child’s last physical (within past 12 months)
- Current Immunization Record
- TB Test or “Low Risk” Results
- Vision Screening results (for Pre-K and Kindergarten registrations only)
- Lead Test results (for Kindergarten registrations only)
If you are unable to obtain any of the above documents, our staff will be happy to assist. Students who are registering and fall under a category of Homeless, Unaccompanied Minor, Foster-Care, or active Military Family are provided immediate enrollment regardless of available documentation. Our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison is available to provide additional support and resources at the time of registration.