Welcome to the Registration Department at the Haverhill Public Schools
We are excited to welcome your family to the Haverhill Public Schools! To provide your family with a one-stop approach, the Registration Department is located at the Family Resource Center with other student supports such as Health & Nursing, Transportation, After School Programs, Multilingual Learner programs and Attendance & Records. We will be sure you leave with all the information you need for successful enrollment!
We look forward to meeting your family!
45 Fountain Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Monday – Friday 8am-4pm
Book an Appointment
What to Expect at Your Registration Appointment
Make sure you bring all paperwork completed in advance and required documents gathered.
- A Registration specialist will review all required documents with you.
- Your photo ID will be checked against your child’s birth certificate, any custody/guardianship court documents reviewed, and your proof of residency verified.
- You can meet with the Registration Nurse if you have any questions about your child’s health history. The nurse will confirm we have all immunizations and physical exams requirements.
- If a language other than English is spoken in your home, we will schedule an appointment to complete English language testing through our Multilingual Learner Education Department.
- If your family does not have a permanent housing situation, you will be connected to our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison for assistance.
- If your child is on a 504 or IEP plan, the information will be provided to our Special Education Department, so your child’s plan can be serviced appropriately.
- If all residency and medical requirements are met, your child will be “cleared’ for registration and assigned a school and start date. All school assignments are based on a student’s home address.
- You will be given information on eligibility for transportation and bus routes.
Students who are registering and fall under a category of Homeless, Unaccompanied Minor, Foster-Care, or active Military Family are provided immediate enrollment regardless of available documentation. Our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison is available to provide additional support and resources at the time of registration.