Welcome to the Registration Department at the Haverhill Public Schools
We are excited to welcome your family to the Haverhill Public Schools! To provide your family with a one-stop approach, the Registration Department is located at the Family Resource Center with other student supports such as Health & Nursing, Transportation, After School Programs, Multilingual Learner programs and Attendance & Records. We will be sure you leave with all the information you need for successful enrollment!
We look forward to meeting your family!
45 Fountain Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Monday – Friday 8am-4pm
Book an Appointment
What to Expect at Your Registration Appointment
Make sure you complete all paperwork and required documents in advance.
- A Registration specialist will review all required documents with you.
- Your photo ID will be checked against your child’s birth certificate, custody/guardianship court documents reviewed, and proof of residency verified.
- The registration nurse can review your child’s health history and confirm immunizations & physical exams requirements.
- If a language other than English is spoken in your home, we will make an appointment for English language testing through our Multilingual Learner Education Department.
- If your child is on an IEP or 504 plan, information is sent to special education, so the plan can be serviced properly.
- If your family isn’t in a permanent housing situation, our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison will offer assistance.
- If all residency & medical requirements are met, your child will be “cleared’ for registration and assigned a school and start date. All school assignments are based on a student’s home address.
- You will be given information on eligibility for transportation and bus routes.
Students registering who fall under a category of Homeless, Unaccompanied Minor, Foster-Care, or active Military Family are provided immediate enrollment regardless of available documentation. Our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison is available to provide additional support and resources at the time of registration.