Welcome to the Registration Department at the Haverhill Public Schools
We are excited to welcome your family to the Haverhill Public Schools! To provide your family with a one-stop approach, the Registration Department is located at the Family Resource Center with other student supports such as Health & Nursing, Transportation, After School Programs, Multilingual Learner programs and Attendance & Records. We will be sure you leave with all the information you need for successful enrollment!
We look forward to meeting your family!
45 Fountain Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Monday – Friday 8am-4pm
Book an Appointment
Book an appointment online to meet with a registration specialist. Bring the completed application packet and all required documents to your appointment.
What to Expect at Your Registration Appointment
Most new registrations can be completed in under 30 minutes if all paperwork is completed in advance and required documents gathered.
- A Registration specialist will review all required documents with you.
- Your photo ID will be checked against your child’s birth certificate, any custody/guardianship court documents reviewed, and your proof of residency verified.
- You can meet with the Registration Nurse if you have any questions about your child’s health history. The nurse will confirm we have all immunizations and physical exams requirements.
- If a language other than English is spoken in your home, we will schedule an appointment to complete English language testing through our Multilingual Learner Education Department.
- If your family does not have a permanent housing situation, you will be connected to our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison for assistance.
- If your child is on a 504 or IEP plan, the information will be provided to our Special Education Department, so your child’s plan can be serviced appropriately.
- If all residency and medical requirements are met, your child will be “cleared’ for registration and assigned a school and start date. All school assignments are based on a student’s home address.
- You will be given information on eligibility for transportation and bus routes.
Students who are registering and fall under a category of Homeless, Unaccompanied Minor, Foster-Care, or active Military Family are provided immediate enrollment regardless of available documentation. Our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison is available to provide additional support and resources at the time of registration.