Welcome to the Registration Department at the Haverhill Public Schools
We are excited to welcome your family to the Haverhill Public Schools! Our goal is to make the enrollment process a smooth one for all students coming to our district.
The Registration department is located at the Family Resource Center along with many other student serving departments to provide your family a one-stop approach to student enrollment.
At the Family Resource Center you will find departments and specialists, such as Health & Nursing, Transportation, After School Programs, English Learner programs and Attendance & Records. We will be sure you leave with all the information you need for successful enrollment!
We look forward to meeting your family!
45 Fountain Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Extended Summer Hours (July & August)
Book an Appointment
You can now book an appointment online to meet with a registration specialist to process your child’s enrollment for grades K-12. For a smooth enrollment process, bring the completed application packet and all required documents to your appointment.
What to Expect at Your Registration Appointment
Most new registrations can be completed in under 30 minutes provided all paperwork is completed in advance and required documents gathered.
- A Registration specialist will assist with the completion of forms and review all required documents with you. (Spanish translation available)
- Your photo ID will be checked against your child’s birth certificate, any custody/guardianship court documents reviewed, and your Proof of Residency verified.
- You can meet with the Registration Nurse, if you have any questions about your child’s health history. The nurse will confirm we have all immunizations and physical exams requirements.
- If any language other than English is spoken in your home, we will schedule an appointment for your to complete English language testing through our English Learner Education Department.
- If your family does not have a permanent housing situation, you will be connected to our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison for assistance.
- If your child is on a 504 or IEP plan, the information will be provided to our Special Education Department, so that your child’s plan can be serviced appropriately.
- If all residency and medical requirements are met, your child will be “cleared’ for registration and assigned a school and start date. All school assignments are based on a student’s home address.
- You will be given information on eligibility for transportation and bus routes.
Find a list of the documents required for successful Registration for grades Prek-12:
If you are unable to obtain any of the above documents, our staff will be happy to assist. Students who are registering and fall under a category of Homeless, Unaccompanied Minor, Foster-Care, or active Military Family are provided immediate enrollment regardless of available documentation. Our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison is available to provide additional support and resources at the time of registration.