Welcome to the Registration Department at the Haverhill Public Schools
Welcome to Haverhill Public Schools! The Registration Department is located at the Family Resource Center with other student supports such as Health & Nursing, Transportation, After School Programs, Multilingual Learner programs and Attendance & Records. We want to be sure you leave with all the information you need for successful enrollment!
We look forward to meeting your family!
45 Fountain Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Monday – Friday 8am-4pm
Must Book an Appointment
What to Expect at Your Registration Appointment
Make sure you complete all paperwork and required documents in advance.
- A Registration specialist will review all required documents with you.
- Your photo ID will be checked against your child’s birth certificate, custody/guardianship court documents reviewed, and proof of residency verified.
- The registration nurse can review your child’s health history and confirm immunizations & physical exams requirements.
- If a language other than English is spoken in your home, we will make an appointment for English language testing through our Multilingual Learner Education Department.
- If your child is on an IEP or 504 plan, information is sent to special education, so the plan can be serviced properly.
- If your family isn’t in a permanent housing situation, our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison will offer assistance.
- If all residency & medical requirements are met, your child will be “cleared’ for registration and assigned a school and start date. All school assignments are based on a student’s home address.
- You will be given information on eligibility for transportation and bus routes.
Students registering who fall under a category of Homeless, Unaccompanied Minor, Foster-Care, or active Military Family are provided immediate enrollment regardless of available documentation. Our on-site McKinney-Vento Liaison is available to provide additional support and resources at the time of registration.