The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is administered by the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA).
SNAP benefits include:
• Monthly funds on an EBT card that works just like a debit card to buy food at any grocery store giving you the freedom to shop for your own food
• $40, $60 or $80 a month put back on your EBT card when you use SNAP to buy local produce via the Healthy Incentives Program (HIP)
• SNAP Path to Work free education and training opportunities
• Free nutrition education classes and resources
• Connections to other kinds of help, like utility discounts, free school meals and discounted admissions to many Commonwealth museums and cultural institutions via EBT Card to Culture
Visit https://dtaconnect.eohhs.mass.gov/ to apply or call Project Bread’s Hotline at 1-800-645-8333 to chat with one of their counselors to see if you are eligible or not or to have them help guide you through the application process!