IT Pathway Application Window Now Open
Dear 8th Grade Students, Parents and Guardians,
Do you love computers and technology? Do you dream of a career in one of these fast growing technology areas: computer programming; cyber security; web development; networking; robotics; 3D printing; software development or building, debugging and repairing computers? Haverhill High School’s STEM Academy is now accepting applications for its nationally certified (NAF.org) Information Technology (IT) Pathway.
The NAF curricula is created in partnership with industry professionals and designed around projects that help students make connections across subject areas, acquire valuable workplace skills, and see their education as an integral step towards long-term career options.
While NAF courses are considered “electives” by a school or district, they are required for students completing the HHS STEM IT Pathway.
- The semester-long courses include Computer Systems, Introduction to Programming, Robotics and 3D Printing. All courses include hands-on projects.
- Participation in the pathway provides face-to-face exposure to industry professionals through areas such as mentoring, assistance with projects, guest speakers, business tours and job shadow days.
- All students are required to complete an internship during the summer of their junior year.
- A Senior Career Project must be completed during each student’s senior year.
- Successful completion of this pathway leads to a NAFTrack certification—a credential that is increasingly being recognized by colleges, universities, employers and professional trade
“I’m interested…what do I do now?”
The applications are available through your principal’s office, guidance office and on the HHS website. The application deadline is Friday, February 5th 2016 at 3 pm. The NAF IT Pathway Class of 2020 is limited to 24 freshmen, so don’t delay! Please note that only the IT Pathway requires an application at this point. Other STEM Pathways may be declared by sophomore year.
To view this message in Español, please click here.