4 Summer St., Rm 104, Haverhill, MA 01830 | Office Hours 8:00-4:00 | Phone (978) 374-3411 | Fax (978) 374-3422
GIC Health Plans
The City of Haverhill will be transitioning to the Group Insurance Commission (GIC) for our health insurance as of July 1, 2017. You must enroll, in a GIC health plan to have health insurance as of July 1, 2017.
Enrollment Packet Consists of the following:
GIC – 2017-2018 Benefit Decision Guide
GIC – Announcement on one-time exception to closed plans
GIC – Bi-Weekly Health Insurance School Rates FY18
GIC – Required Documentation for Coverage
GIC – Enrollment Form – Active Employees
GIC – Dependent Age 19 to 26 Form
GIC – ACA Marketplace Notice 2017
GIC – CHIP Notice 2017
Things to consider when choosing a plan:
1. Is your Doctor and Hospital in the plan’s network?
2. What is the co-payment tier for the PCP, Specialist and Hospital?
3. Are your medications covered?
4. What is the bi-weekly rate for the plan?
1. Check the plan’s website (see links below or the Contact Page listed below). You will find Provider Directories and Information on Covered Medications on each plan’s website.
2. Call the plan (see links below or the Contact Page listed below).
3. Visit the GIC webpage (see link above) and watch the GIC Open Enrollment Video – https://youtu.be/oTAbQo6It5
4. See the FAQ’s below.
1. Click on the health plan name below to be directed to the GIC page with specific plan information and then to the plan’s website. Each plan’s Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Summary of Benefits and other plan information is also attached under the plan name. The SBC is a summary of each plans’ benefits and cost sharing requirements. It will give you specific plan information – e.g. is an eye exam a covered benefit on the plan.
2. Dental for children under 12 is NOT included in any of the GIC health plans, you will need to add your children to your Delta Dental plan. Please see the Dental Insurance Page for more information, rates and the enrollment form.
Links to Plans and Plan Information:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Dependent Ages 19 to 26 FAQs
Divorce, Legal Separation and Remarriage FAQs
Non Qualifying Life Events FAQs
Qualifying Life Events and Your Options FAQs
GIC – FAQs
GIC – Introduction Letter
GIC – Required Documents Letter
GIC – Health Insurance Plans Contact Page
GIC – Dependent 19 to 26 Form
GIC – Wellness Reimbursement Page