4 Summer St., Rm 104, Haverhill, MA 01830 | Office Hours 8:00-4:00 | Phone (978) 374-3411 | Fax (978) 374-3422
Health Insurance – GIC Health Plans
The City of Haverhill has transitioned to the Group Insurance Commission (GIC) for our health insurance as of July 1, 2017. The GIC offers plans with Fallon Health, Harvard Pilgrim, Neighborhood Health Plan, Tufts Health Plan and UniCare State Indemnity Plan. Where you live determines which plan you may enroll in. Please see the GIC Health Plan Locator Map. GIC benefits begin on the first day of the month following 60 days or two full calendar months of employment, whichever comes first. Please see the GIC Effective Date of Coverage Chart . Enrollment forms must be completed and returned to Nina Torrisi within 10 calendar days of hire (your first day of employment.)
GIC – 2017-2018 Benefit Decision Guide
GIC – Enrollment and Change Form
GIC – Announcement on one-time exception to closed plans
GIC City of Haverhill – School Bi-Weekly Rates – new rate structure effective as of September 15th paycheck
GIC – Required Documentation for Coverage
GIC – Dependent Age 19 to 26 Form
GIC – ACA Marketplace Notice 2017
GIC – CHIP Notice 2017
Things to consider when choosing a health plan:
1. Is your Doctor and Hospital in the plan’s network?
2. What is the co-payment tier for the PCP, Specialist and Hospital?
3. Are your medications covered?
4. What is the bi-weekly rate for the plan?
Need help choosing a plan:
1. Check the plan’s website (see links below or the Contact Page listed below). You will find Provider Directories and Information on Covered Medications on each plan’s website.
2. Call the plan (see links below or the Contact Page listed below).
3. Visit the GIC webpage (see link above) and watch the GIC Open Enrollment Video – https://youtu.be/oTAbQo6It5
4. See the Frequently Asked Question and Additional Information Sections below.
Important Points to consider:
1. Click on the health plan name below to be directed to the GIC page with specific plan information and then to the plan’s website. Each plan’s Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Summary of Benefits and other plan information is also attached under the plan name. The SBC is a summary of each plans’ benefits and cost sharing requirements. It will give you specific plan information – e.g. is an eye exam a covered benefit on the plan.
2. Dental for children under 12 is NOT included in any of the GIC health plans, you will need to add your children to your Delta Dental plan. Please see the Dental Insurance Page for more information, rates and the enrollment form.
Links to Plans and Plan Information:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Dependent Ages 19 to 26 FAQs
Divorce, Legal Separation and Remarriage FAQs
Non Qualifying Life Events FAQs
Qualifying Life Events and Your Options FAQs
GIC – FAQs
GIC – Introduction Letter
GIC – Required Documents Letter
GIC – Health Insurance Plans Contact Page
GIC – Dependent 19 to 26 Form
GIC – Wellness Reimbursement Page
GIC – Information on Telemedicine Benefit