4 Summer St., Rm 104, Haverhill, MA 01830 | Office Hours 8:00-4:00 | Phone (978) 374-3411 | Fax (978) 374-3422
Health Insurance – GIC Health Plans
The GIC will continue to offer 11 health plans with AllWays Health Partners (formerly NHP), Fallon Health, Harvard Pilgrim, Health New England, Tufts Health Plan and UniCare State Indemnity Plan. NO health plans are closed to enrollment – you are able to enroll in ALL plans. However, where you live determines which plan you may enroll in so please check the GIC Health Plan Locator Map. The Map is also on page 5 of the GIC Benefit Decision Guide. Click here for a listing of health insurance terms.
For additional information scroll down to the Links to Health Plans and 2019 – 2020 Plan Information section of this page or click the link for the Open Enrollment 2019 – 2020 page.
You will find a wealth of information to help you make the most of your health insurance!
Click below for the Open Enrollment Packet:
GIC 2019 – 2020 Benefit Decision Guide
GIC 2019 – 2020 Enrollment and Change Form – OE
GIC 2019 – 2020 – School Bi-Weekly Rates – (new rates effective in the May 31st paycheck)
GIC 2019 – 2020 Required Documentation for Coverage
GIC 2019 – 2020 Dependent Ages 19 – 26 Form
GIC 2019 – 2020 ACA Marketplace Notice
GIC 2019 – 2020 CHIP Notice
GIC 2019 – 2020 COBRA General Notice
Links to Health Plans and 2019 – 2020 Plan Information:
Things to consider when choosing a health plan:
1. Is your Doctor and Hospital in the plan’s network?
2. What is the co-payment tier for your PCP, Specialist and Hospital?
3. What is the per paycheck/bi-weekly rate for the plan?
4. Contact the health plans to ask questions – click here for the GIC Health Plan Contact Sheet.
5. Click here for the GIC-Compare-The-Plans Summary
6. Dental for children under 12 is NOT included in any of the GIC health plans.
7. Express Scripts (ESI) manages the prescription drug benefit for ALL GIC Health Plans. ESI issues two ID cards in the main subscribers name. All health plans will have the same prescription ID card and the cards will not reference the health plan name. Please contact ESI to review your current prescriptions and find out if the medication is covered and at what copay. You can contact ESI at www.express-scripts.com or 855-283-7679.